Rides In Sight™ Searching Help
Looking for Transportation?
Let us do the work. Call the toll-free hotline at 855-607-4337. Our staff is happy to search for you and give you some options.
1. Look at the green menu bar on any Rides In Sight webpage. Click on 'SEARCH'
2. On the search page, start typing your state into the search box. When you start typing it will provide you with options that match the letters you typed so far. Click on the state when it drops down.
3. When you've clicked on your state a new box will appear on the right. Start typing your county and it will drop down the same way the state did. Click on your county.
4. When your state and county are entered the search button will appear. Click it.
Looking at the Results
You may have many results or just a few. All senior transportation providers in the county are listed with a little information about each. Click "More Info" to see more about a provider. If the provider has its own website, you can click the "Visit Website" button to see its website.
Clicking the "More Info" link brings you to the provider's profile. It includes information about what kind of transportation they provide, eligibility requirements, assistance they can provide to riders, payment information, how to schedule service, and contact information.
Click the "Back to search results" link at the top to return to the full list of providers in your county.
Contact information is in the green box for easy reference. Contact providers directly to schedule rides.
Do you know what kind of transportation you want? Here are some things to look for...
1. Will they come to my home? If not, can I go to a place where they pick up?
Look at areas served. Sometimes they serve a big area, sometimes just a few neighborhoods. Areas Served is on the left, circled in red, in the picture below.
Click on More Info if you want to learn if a provider will come to your door or find out more about the kinds of service they provide.
2. For what do I need transportation? Medical appointments, shopping, social activities? Will I need help with all of my transportation, or just certain trips?
Look at Eligible Trip Purpose(s) to see if they match your needs. Eligible Trip Purpose(s) are on the left, underlined in red, in the picture below.
3. Am I eligible to use the service?
Some are open to the public, some are reserved for those who live in a certain area, meet age or income requirements, or are part of a group.
Eligibility to Ride lists requirements to use a service. It is on the right, circled in green, in the picture above.
4. Do I need assistance when I travel? Do I travel with mobility equipment (wheelchair, walker, cane)? Do I need an assistant or have a companion who will travel with me?
Transportation providers may help riders or may expect riders to travel independently. Information about assistance through a provider is located on their profile. Click "More Info". Look at Assistance Available on the left, underlined in red, in the picture below to find out how a service can help.
5. What can I afford? Am I eligible for free or discounted rides due to age, disability, or military service?
Most transportation comes with a cost, but pricing varies widely. Many communities provide discounted transportation for seniors and people with disabilities.
Pricing structure and payment options are shown on provider profiles. Click "More Info". Look at Pricing Structure and Accepted Payment Types on the left, circled in red, in the picture below to find out about paying for service.
Schedule a Ride
Scheduling in the green contact box will indicate whether a provider needs you to schedule rides in advance. If they do, look for a phone number in the green contact box, and call the provider directly.
Still confused? We can help
Call the toll-free hotline at 855-607-4337. Our staff is happy to search for you and give you a few good options for your situation.